Eight days with no bread?? This homemade matzah recipe is so delicious, you may not even miss it! (Maybe…)
What is matzah?
“For seven days you are to eat matzah-on the first day remove the leaven from your houses. For whoever eats hamatz (leavened bread) from the first to the seventh days is to be cut off from Isra’el” (Exodus 12:15, CJB). Matzah is the bread G-d commanded us to eat during the Feast of Passover. The bread has no leavening in it, which reminds us of how the Israelites left Egypt so quickly, that their bread didn’t even had time to rise.
this matzah recipe is really so quick and easy! Only four ingredients!
*Skillet (cast iron works best)
*Non-stick cooking spray
*2 cups of flour
*1/4 cup avocado oil
*3/4 cup warm water
*3/4 tsp. of salt
How to make homemade matzah:
1. preheat your skillet on medium-high heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix together all your ingredients and knead them for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into twelve equal parts.
4. using a rolling pin, roll out each of the dough balls.
5. Pierce the flattened dough with a fork.
6. spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
7. place a piece of flattened dough on the skillet. Cook each side for about 30-45 seconds, or until you reach your desired results.